Wall paper has been used in homes since the 16th century to brighten and finish living spaces, and it is still a great way to add spice to a room lacking in liveliness. Wall papers comes in a variety of colors, styles and textures and may brighten up a child’s room or add quaint overtones to a den. Vinyl is great for areas with a lot of moisture such as kitchens and bathrooms.
Before painting or wall papering, you must prepare the surface. The essential that you will need for wall papering are : wall paper, wall paper brush, wall paper application brush. A plumb line measuring tool, snap blade, tape measure and pencil.
1. Measure the height of each wall from the floor to the ceiling and the length of each wall with a measuring tape.
2. Choose the right kind of texture for the room.
3. Remove old wall paper from the wall, if necessary. Clean the walls thoroughly.
4. Apply wall putty to any cracks or holes in the wall with a wall putty knife, then wait for it to dry.
5. Pre cut your panels. Align the design of your panel.
6. Line up the paper with the line you drew on the wall.
7. Flatten the paper with a wall paper brush.
8. Continuing hanging around the room, matching the pattern appropriately.
9. Use a seam roller on each wallpaper seam.
10. Wipe off the excess glue with a wet sponge after letting the wallpaper set for at-least 15 minutes.